Baby Hack - Easy, Edible Playdough Recipe For Babies
This playdough is just too exquisite I had to share, and it tastes mighty fine too! I know I’m too old for playdough but seriously, just look at it. Plus, the best part is that it’s safe for your baby and contains no salt or gluten.
- 1 cup of Gluten Free Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1 ½ cups of baby rice cereal
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup pureed tin of raspberries in syrup (or fruit puree of your choice)
- 1 tbs water
- Blend tinned raspberries in syrup until raspberries are pulped.
- Pour baby rice cereal and cornflour into a large bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and ½ cup raspberry puree/juice. Combine well with an electric mixer.
- If the mixture is sticky, slowly add more Baby Rice Cereal and mix well with electric mixer completely before adding more.
- If the mixture is dry, slowly add small amounts of water and mix until the dough is smooth and malleable.
- knead the mixture by hand on a bench until the mixture is smooth.
- Store in a plastic zip lock bag or air tight container in the fridge. When removed from the fridge, kneading with warm hands will soften the play dough again.
- This play dough recipe does not include any preservative and will last several days in the refrigerator. The play dough life expectancy will depend on temperature, how long the play dough has been left out and how many children have played with the dough. Please always check the playdough for mould or unpleasant odours before giving it to children.
You’ll want to keep their creations forever with this dough it’s so pretty. Knowing it’s safe for your baby though is the real score.