Laundry Detergent Recipe For Tough Stains
Babies are messy. We dream they were always angels! Spit stains, food, paint, bum stains.. rompers are in need of some serious attention and quite frequently! So after some extensive research I came across a few sites online that all swear by this magic homemade formula and the reviews were also all amazing.
It’s made from 3 common household ingredients that are easy to get in any supermarket.
2 parts hydrogen peroxide
- 1 part Fairy dishwashing liquid and
- 1 part baking soda
I also researched about the ingredients:
Hydrogen Peroxide is simply water with an extra oxygen atom attached. Some people use it to make their own OxiClean and it’s definitely eco-friendly. Warning - it DOES however bleach some colours! Darker colours usually. So it’s best to always do a test first and consider reducing the amount of hydrogen peroxide accordingly.
Fairy dishwashing liquid is the liquid soap I used but any dishwashing soap that’s similar has been suggested to work too.
Baking soda gives extra texture for scrubbing and helps take away odours.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl – the hydrogen peroxide makes it start to bubble With the baking soda, it becomes thicker and paste-like
- Lay the mixture on the garment and scrub with a brush
- Sit garment for 1 hour to let it really soak in
- Rinse thoroughly and hang to dry
It really is magic! Keep your babies’ clothes in fab condition with this easy and eco-friendly recipe and it will save you money too. Look forward to hearing your reviews.